Sign in to follow this  
allan b

hi

HIMy name is Allan I live in south west Scotland and have been keeping zebra finches for about 4 years now

Hello Allan,Welcome from another newbie.I too am new to this forum hoping to glean some knowledge before introducing some Zebra Finches to my aviary.Look forward to hearing about your birds.

cheers Scott & Lynx I am sure I will enjoy browsing through the form I hope thing are going a bit better at your bitcheers Allansorry lynX I missed your post earlier :blush::(

Hi Allan, Still having problems,most of the pairs i put up a fortnight ago were sitting on clear eggs.I think i`ve 3 0r 4 pairs sitting on full eggs but some should have hatched by now.Will leave them to sit for a few more days,maybe a week just in case.How`s your season coming along?Scott

still not brilliant I have rung 31 but lost some and re used some rings I think I sitting on 28 at the moment 3 nests started to hatch today so lets hope they come through but I have lost a few at 14 -21 days with what looks like a bocked backside so any ideas to what's causing the problems all the get is cuscus mixed with 1/2 teaspoon honey 1 cap of cider vinegar and haiths soft food + tropical finch seedcheers Allan

That`s not too bad Allan,you must be doing something right,i can`t even get my cock birds to fill eggs this season.In regard to the chicks getting blocked up at the back end,might be the softfoods to rich try giving them granulated charcoal this helps clean the gut of any toxins.Scott

I will get some tomorrow and grind it up then mix some in to the softfood to see if it helps I see Haltwhistle have got gold patronage for this year

You can buy charcoal that`s the right size for your birds.No need to grind it down,what i do is place small amounts on top of their grit and let them take what they need.Yeah Haltwhistle has Gold,does this mean you may decide to go?I`m still in 2 minds whether to show or not this year.Scott

I wont get to Haltwhistle this year because my local show is on the same date and I'm show manager so I suppose I had better be there but it dose not mean that my birds wont be at Haltwhistle :blush:

Welcome to the forum Allan. As Scott has said not many member yet, but I’m sure the numbers will grow once the word gets around. I look forward to reading your post. Gary.

cheers GaryI'm sure world will get out soon enough looking forward to loads of interesting topics cheers Allan