waxbill keeper

Saddlebacks

hello

just found this site and joined up...looks fantastic..and lots for me to read up on

i currently have about 30 zebs...saddlebacks ,black faced,pieds and whites

does anyone on here have the saddlebacks?

kept zebs about 35 years back when i was a lad,but their wasnt so many mutations about...so

trying to learn about them...so be asking one or two questions

regards....neil

Hi neil,

Welcome to the forum, this site is fantastic for anything you need to know about zebras and other birds. I personally haven't seen a saddle back for a long while. You will have to post us some pictures of your birds to have a look at.

Chris

thanks for the welcome chris

will ask my son if he can upload some pics when i take some

will be intrested to see if anyone else keeps /breeds saddlebacks..would like info on best way to pair them?

regards...neil

Welcome to the forum Neil.

You'll probably laugh when you read this. but when you said 'saddlebacks' I immediately' thought , "Oh Neil keeps pigs" :fool: (I love pigs!!)

I have never heard of that in zebra finches before looking forward to you posting a photograph of them.

As Chris said this is a great forum with everyone chipping in to help each other.

Looking forwards to reading your posts.

Emmy

hi Emmy

thanks for the welcome

lol...i know of the breed of pig by that name...kept a wide variety animals but not those

i will get some pics taken and get my son to put them on...not too good with pc

i keep visiting the forum..theirs so many posts to read with being new..the site looks

really good,im impressed with it loads for me to read up on

regards....neil

Hello Neil and welcome to the forum, hope you have a fun reading, as I know I did when I first joined, and still do now, loads off good and free advice on here.

Dan

Hi Neil and welcome to the forum.

I kept saddlebacks for a while years ago. I didnt really know what i had though and just let them breed freely in the aviary.

I look forward to seeing pictures

Kerry