Sign in to follow this  
Andyn

Cfw Colour Change

Guys,

I have bred a CFW chick which can only be a Hen. (CFW cock x Normal Hen) She is a grey-ish shade at the moment & her bill is changing colour.

But will she whiten up?

I hope so as she has the shape and deportment I think required for the show bench. (this is my very first Exhibition Chick bred) 

Thanks..

Andy

HI Andy

Some CFW's can clear up when molting  to their adult feather but not all of them I'm afraid.

Paul.

Hi Andy,

Paul is right, they will molt out a lot of they're darker feathers, but even if she doesn't, it could be that she will be carrying a lot of colour, and if the shape and type is good, will be a handy bird to keep for those reasons alone.

Wayne.

Thanks Wayne,

She is a bit special because she is Ring no. 1 of the very first of my exhibition line. (in fact the only one since early Jan) (I seem to have a stock of non feeder parent birds.)

But she will stay with us and we will see what happens.

Thanks again.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have two CFW which did not colour up to white, but are a good size for my stock and nice looking.

Good Luck with yours :)

Clare

Thanks Clare,

I now have some siblings from round 2 (but still only a week old or so) So maybe they might be better coloured.

I know it is a problem keeping the grey out of CFW hens but as this is my first attempt at Exhibition birds, hopefully next year will reap a better colouration in the line.

Andy