Sign in to follow this  
Keiron Kent

Camerons Silver Youngster

Hi All

ive attached a couple of pics of cameron's (my son) first exhibition silver - its 6 weeks old

After the moult will the feather become more silver?

Parents - Silver X normal combo

Thanks

Keiron

post-273-0-94175000-1366624052_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-09821700-1366624057_thumb.jpg

Hi kieron I'm dabbling in silver s this year. Looks a nice bird mate. Could come darker but they can vary massively in shades of silver. You bred just the one so far?

Hi Jon,

Yeah just the one silver so far. There was also a visual normal in the nest.

Cameron has 3 pairs, they are

Silver x normal (2 chicks – 1 silver, 1 normal)

Silver x Fawn (on eggs at the mo)

Cream x Fawn (3 chicks – all cream)

Do you have any pictures of you’re silver youngsters I can have a look at?

Thanks

Keiron

Hi Keiron

I use to breed silver and silver lightback and they didn't really seem to darken that much, I sometime got darker and lighter chick in the same nest and I didn't see much change once moulted.

Paul.

Hi Kieron I've not bred any yet. Im pairing light back to silver and vice versa as I'm wanting to try for silver light backs. You've done well getting 3 creams I always seem to get more fawns than cream probably because I'm biased to wanting better creams! I'll keep you posted as the season progresses. Pleased you've got your son interested cheers jon

Yeah Cameron seems to be enjoying this hobby which will hopefully continue, He's hoping that he gets a matching pair from the creams for showing, although they all seem to be hens. The parents will be put down again in the coming weeks so hopefully a few cock birds then.

ill stick some pictures up of them when i get the chance.

My birds are doing ok. From 8 pairs i managed 21 youngsters from the first round, all cfw, even my mixed/split combos produced all cfw.lol.

There's been the usual horror stories along the way and very frustrating at times, however patience is a must.

Keiron

• Like 1

Hi Keiron,

Have attached a pic of my silver from last year

bth_New290712187.jpg

Hi keiron, this is a pic of my dominant siver male from last year he is approx 6-8 weeks old.

He has white checks, I did find they took a long time to colour up.

Will have a hunt through my pics so you can see what happened, as I have darker silvers too and a BC silver.