Sign in to follow this  
jonmpope

Silver Cock X Light Back Hen

So folks what's the likely outcome. I've hatched 5 from this mating ideally to get silver

Hi mate,

Never done this but my list says,

cocks;  Normal/lt back+Silver/lt back

hens; Normal+Silver.

Very ecenomical pairing.

Regards,

Nick

hi jonmpope

its like nick says but here are the percentages

I belive what you should get from this pairing is

25%normal males

25%normal  females

25%silver/lightback males

25%silver females

hope this helps and good luck on the chicks

richard

Thanks for the advice. My understanding is that I won't get silver light backs unless I used a light back cock or a split cock bird as light back is sex linked? I'm also 'trying' lught back cock to silver hen with a view to getting dilute light back. Also trying with creams and light back too but only got cream and fawn light back hens so far. All exciting and interesting stuff!

yes that right to get a silver lightback you need to pair a light back male to a silver female and hopefully you will get silver lightback females

the other pairs sound promising you will have to keep us informed on the out come of them

good luck

richard

Good luck with them i had a few nice ones for a couple of years but couldnt keep the line going they are a very nice mutation perhaps my favorite

pics in gallery if interested

good luck with them

Hi dave I've admired the pics on your profile on more than one occasion. They look cracking! Its the dilutes that are my favourites. Finally got some promising creams and fingers crossed for more as they are all settling down to their next round.

Yes dilutes are lovely birds but never really had much luck with them bred half a dozen cream hens last year no cocks

bred a cock this year but hope to breed a few more