Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Obbb Chicks At 14Days Old

here are pic of my obbb chicks at 14days old which hatched out while they were still feeding a fledgling. there are 2 fawns and 2 greys

in the nest and all are fine even there older sibling which is now 5weeks old

post-2315-0-68136500-1370276352_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-24824700-1370276395_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-67645100-1370276434_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-90537300-1370276477_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-54552000-1370276648_thumb.jp

thanks for looking and please comment

richard

That's amazing Richard that all of them have survived. They look really healthy chicks too. Does the older one still go in the nest?

Thanks for posting those lovely photographs Its true what they say isnt it 'A picture speaks a thousand words,'

Emmy

yes it does I think its another female aswell looks like that's all im gona get weird not a single male unless the 2 greys in nest turn

out to be males fingers cross and thanks for the reply its much appreciated emmy

Richard :good:

The opposite is happening with my young this time. Its mostly cock birds. The bad thing i've done because last time round it was nearly all hens , I've sold quite a few of the hens , thinking that it would even out the numbers of hens- cocks. Beginning to think they do this just to annoy us :crazy:  :rofl: This time it seems to be taking a bit longer for them to colour up. The only thing I am pleased about I did get 2 CFW cock birds and thats a first :yahoo: been all CFW hens before.

Looking forwards to seeing another photograph of them when they are a bit older.

Emmy.

yes I am pleased with them jonmpope, and emmy I hope things turn round for me or else ill be looking for some male birds im glad iv got some more fawn hens tho because that's what colour I was going to try and breed in that colour next im just 1 step nearer to breeding fawn obbbs in pairs

richard

hi josh

that's strange isint it josh must be sumat in the water lol  still looking forward to swapping some birds with you it look  like we will have to at this rate

richard