Sign in to follow this  
paulm

2011 Cfw Hen

Hi All What do you think of this hen she is 2011 bred out of a Normal/CFW Fawn x Normal so she's not to badly marked for that pairing.CFW2011E.jpgCFW2011F-1.jpgCFW2011.jpgCFW2011C.jpgCFW2011D.jpgCFW2011B-1.jpgCheers Paul.

you have done really well there paul very large size bird nice shape to body nice beak to and the tear drops look brilliant,is there anyway you can get rid of the black flecks on head though,over all excellent 10/10mark

Hi MarkThe marks sometimes moult out im no expert on CFW's but im lead to believe you are lucky to breed a hen this clear from a pairing of a Normal/CFW x Normal not sure if this is correct but may someone else with more knowledge of them might correct me if thats untrue.I think its a matter of selective breeding too clear them up of markings i have another hen from another Normal/cfw x Normal pairing and she is younger but very marked.Cheers Andy for your kind comment she's a lovely stead bird too which is a nice trait.That Fawn cock bird was as nervous as he ll in the show cage he looks better in the breeder.Paul.

Hi Paul,Some CF hens do stay greyish in the head, we currently have 22 CF hens and a couple are that way. They can breed clean headed hens though.Nice looking bird. How old is she.Nick

Hi Nick If i remember rightly i think she was a february bird,i think she need something too put abit more head in.Paul.

lovely shaped type Paul,any others out of clutch or just that one for future breeding,ive crossed normals to cfw and had flecking on heads also,not produced many normals from these cross for some reason. Ty.

Hi TyShe had 2 Normal cock nest mates but i didn't like them so they have gone,here the results of a Normal cock x CFW hen.50% Normal Females50% Normal/Chestnut flanked white MalesAnd a CFW cock x Normal hen50% Chestnut flanked white Females50% Normal/Chestnut flanked white Malesand a Normal/CFW cock x Normal hen25% Normal Females25% Normal Males25% Chestnut flanked white Females25% Normal/Chestnut flanked white MalesAnd a Normal/CFW cock x CFW hen25% Normal Females25% Normal/Chestnut flanked white Males25% Chestnut flanked white Females25% Chestnut flanked white MalesPhew....Paul.

nice stylish bird paul all cfw hens have dark heads thats how you sex them in the nestmost will moult out much clearer however if you breed a good one with flecking on head i would not discard as nick says they can breed clear birdsi have used a couple of nomal/cfw cock x cfw hen pairs and bred a couple nice cfw hens and my best two normal hens of this year dave

Hi DaveThanks for the info and the comment,you never stop learning with birds.Paul.

Hi Paul,this is a nice looking bird, i have bred 4x cfw hens all still have some head shadinglike you i am hoping the moult will clear it up, i believe hens with dark heads are carrying deeper colour for there off spring.If the head shading does not clear it will still be a good stock bird to put with a Normal cock next year. Cheers Kim

Hi Paul

Thanks shes now in Scotland i Gave her to a friend i hope she does alright for him.

Paul.