birdman

Pictures Of My 4 Obbb Chicks Now There Fledged

heres an update on the 4 obbb chicks I found in the nest while the parents were feeding an older chick hope you like them

post-2315-0-55931700-1371490397_thumb.jp    post-2315-0-65055200-1371490345_thumb.jp  possible male obbb

post-2315-0-27598600-1371490666_thumb.jp    post-2315-0-37314500-1371490242_thumb.jp  female fawn obbb

post-2315-0-96149400-1371490117_thumb.jp    post-2315-0-56013200-1371490177_thumb.jp  male obbb

post-2315-0-49284900-1371490452_thumb.jp    post-2315-0-84434100-1371490518_thumb.jp  another fawn obbb

as you can see they are all doing fine thanks for looking and please leave a comment

richard

Nice one, I've just taken 2 more out with the parents having another 2 in the nest. Also had 5 chicks fledge from my bf x obbb pair, the most i've had in a clutch this year.

Richard they have turned out to be really lovely chicks considering how they started out as being a surprise.

Just curious Does the older chick still go near them now or is  it separated from them.?

Emmy

thanks josh Emmy and Gary for the comments and ive separated the other chick from them now just in case she interfered with them when they fledged but they were all going in the nest box before I removed her . I like this mutation aswell hopefully I will have one last round from them but its strnge that ive got so many fawns from them as I wasn't expecting that colour just all normal goes to show what hidden colour some birds carry.

and all the best to you all for a good breeding season

Richard

Hi Richard,

Excellent Photo's, how did you get them to stay still.

They are lovely Chicks.

Please post pics when fully moulted, its such a nice combination.

Clare

hi clare

you should have seem all the photos I had to delete before I choose the best pics .I just kept pressing button on camera lol will post pics when fully moulted on ones I keep ok as not keeping them all ok. I like this combination aswell

richard

Hi Richard,

Looking forward to seeing them fully moulted.

I can guess about the pics, mine very rarely keep still. :D

Clare

thanks Kerry

just removed them from parents and put them with there sister as parents are on eggs again 3rd and finale round for them looks like you are having a good season with your birds and im looking forward to them moulting out too clare.

richard

Hi Richard.

My season has definitely picked up. I was poking around in one of my nests today and found what looks like 7 BB chicks in one nest! I am hoping some of them are cocks as i only seem to be producing BB hens so far.

I cant wait to see what your chicks look like fully moulted. I am a little confused as all my BB chicks look exactly the same as yours but mine are not OB as far as i know. Or maybe they are OB and i am in for a nice surprise!

Kerry

you never no with mutations and what is the hidden factors so fingers cross you might have obbbs if by some chance

richard