Sign in to follow this  
Nick Hall

Unusual For Us!

Hi Guys,

Normals is not usually our thing but quite like this cock bird, still very young though.

post-21-0-61919900-1372000026_thumb.jpg

Really nice bird Nick. I think the Normal zebra finches, especially the cock birds, always seem to stand out. At least when i have visitors that's the colours they always remark about first. Your one has that look in its eye that says 'keep away or else! (lol)

Emmy

Hi Emmy,

Strange to some but I am not a Normal fan, I find most non converted find cfw more atractive?

Regards,

Nick

• Like 1

Adam i would think twice about releasing so many of your normals they are very usefull birds to have around and a good quality normal hen is about the most usefull outcross you could have,might be worth keeping a couple more than you intend to use to keep in reserve

been trying very hard to fetch a really good normal hen in for a couple of years and they are like rocking horse poo

besides that they are a stunning bird

Dave

Hi Nick,

Cracking Cock zeb, wish mine turned out half that well.

But must admit I do prefer other colours.

Clare

Well done nick! Looks good already another moult and he will look even better.

Agree with Dave about the normals. I try to cut down to quality not a specific number obviously space dictates though. I'm down to 3 adult normal hens which is a bit worrying but luckily I have bred some. Taken along time to build up the normals though.

Yes if your trying to breed nice coloured normals, normal x normal and keep your normal line as pure as possible

you can dip into these to help improve other colours

Dave

hi guys,normals have always been my favourite colour,always done well with them.take some beating when in good condition.dave is right about keeping normals for outcrossing.if you can find pure normals they have been spoiled by crossing with other colours. baz