Sign in to follow this  
jonmpope

Fawn Cheek Chick

Here's a photo of one of my first fawn cheeks of the season. There were two in the nest and I'm hoping that they are both and sister as they as so alike. Sorry its a bit blurry- the wire mesh was obscuring the view

017.jpg

Looks a nice chick Jon.

Another mutation i really like apart from Dilutes is Fawncheek and Greycheeked.

Well done on a least starting to get some chicks,i`m still struggling away,having only bred 13 so far this season.

How many are you up to now?

Scott

Hi scott I've had a good end of may and June and now got about 50. However theres about 15 that I have my eye on but they can change so much so things will change! Things improved radically when I started making my own egg food with cous cous hard boiled eggs and crushed biscuits! like you my favourites are the dilutes and focusing on creams silvers and dabbling in light backs. Also got the odd few fawn cheeks kicking about.

Nice one Jon,

I`m pretty much breeding the same colours as yourself,only at the moment i`m breeding Grey,rather than the Fawncheeked mutation,simply because i don`t really have any Fawns in my shed.

Hoping to try and bring in some Fawns later on,when the shows start up.

Scott

very nice fawn cheeked you have there iv only manage to breed 3 of them so far and 4 grey cheeked from 4 pairs

richard