Charlton2602

Starting Up Again After Many Years.

Hello everyone

Im from Newcastle I used to keep zebras about 15 years ago. I got them from a breeder in Carlisle.

I am going to build my out door aviary next year and will be looking to get stock about match next year.

I've been reading this forum for a while and love all the stories and information.

Hello and welcome im from Ashington originally and then lived in Carlisle for 20 years and there was quite a few Zebra finch breeders in Carlisle then, Jimmy Addison used to live up the road from me the top man in Zebras for many a year,Who did you get your birds from?

Enjoy the forum

Dave

I think it may have been him he had some amazing birds and was very helpful.

Was he a judge for Scottish and northern counties club mate.

Do you still need zebs mate so you show them as well.

Just wondering what colours you have it seams a lot more involved now than when I was 15 like

Jimmy still has zebras and he was a judge for many years he still puts together the s@nczfs year books ect

i keep mostly fawns cfw and normals there are a lot more colours and combinations than when you last had them and you need to be careful any birds you bring in are not masking other colours as some of these colours are recesive

what colours you looking to keep?

I like many colours especially cfw I like fawns Anna normals to.

I would really like to try with the penguins as well I'm just trying to figure out where to start like.

I was wondering weather to go to a breeder or maybe Stafford show.

Would you have spare stock at all next year for me to take a look at. I don't think I'll be needing next year.

if i have any spare birds when you are ready to start up you are very welcome to have a look

i would definatley try to get birds from breeders who can give you some backround of the birds you buy try getting to a couple of zebra shows aswell to give you an idea of the birds standard and the breeders who breed them nowadays and the different mutations available most have good sales sections aswell

Dave

Hi and welcome to the forum I hope everything works out well for you and you get your outdoor aviary filled with lots of nice birds.

Emmy

hi charlon,i live in whitehaven,cumbria.i breed and show zebras,i am also a panel judge.you are welcome to come and see my birds anytime and if you need any help.just give me a ring.tel01946690464. baz.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone I think it's great how helpful everyone is.

And speedwaybaz and dave huntington Thanks very much for the offer I can't wait to get started shame I'm not going to be ready to stock till next year. We are having a baby and buying a house this year

Hi Charlton2602, I am in very much the same position, although it's around 25 years since I had them!  I'm in Consett, and my birdroom and aviary should be ready soon. Will be looking for a few birds soon, and who knows I might have some available next year, who knows?

Phil

hi phil,has i have said before you are welcome to come over and see my birds any time.i live in cumbria not far from you.tel 01946690464.  baz

hi phil,has i have said before you are welcome to come over and see my birds any time.i live in cumbria not far from you.tel 01946690464.  baz

Thanks, Baz, still waiting for the aviary and birdroom to be completed........  Reckon I might be looking to stock early next year as well ......

Phil