Hi Adam

If She is a grey cheek I shouldn't get 100% BC from this pairing should I? (Btw I haven't bred them yet)

If she is bccfw I should get 50% bccfw cocks an 50% BC hens right?

normal cock x CFW hen =

50% normal hens

50% normal/CFW cocks.

.in your case all the youngsters will of course be BC as well.

Michael

Isn't CFW sex linked ?

Yes! but on the Cock side though.. Imagine it as a Lutino or Albino Budgie sex linkage.. That's how I remember it.

• Like 1

Yes! but on the Cock side though.. Imagine it as a Lutino or Albino Budgie sex linkage.. That's how I remember it.

Ahhh sorry dumb moment haha sex-linked hens are either visual or not . Newt carried

Cheers Andy

Having never bred grey cheeks before I am curious to know how you can tell the difference between them and BC CFW? To my untrained eye they look exactly the same? But like I said, I have never bred grey cheeks before so I am only going by pictures I have seen.

Kerry :)

Hi Kerry,

When you seen both mutations in the flesh, their markings and body's are distinctly different, it's the hens that can be confusing as their looks can be similar in photo's. The cock birds are easier as the body and flanks are completely different.

I've kept both mutations over the years, but I only keep grey cheek in small numbers these days.

The black cheek hen has a whiter body all over and more of a black cheek patch.

The Grey or Fawn cheek hen body is not as white in a lot of cases and it has cream under parts, the cheek patch are either grey or fawn.

Grey and fawn cheek must never be paired together "grey cheek x grey cheek", mainly because there is a genetic weakness to produce blind chicks, which is unavoidable.

I tested this some years time ago to see if it was still inherent and it is...........

Gary.