DaveC

Time To Say Hello

I've been a member on here for a while and thought it was time to start posting by introducing myself.

I've kept birds for almost 35 years like most starting with Zebras but soon moved on, eventually keeping mainly Softbills for many years. I had a brief spell of breeding and exhibiting Zebras again in the mid 90s and set up a reasonable stud doing quite well on the show bench but change of job meant long working hours so something had to give and unfortunately the Zebras had to go. The Softbills continued until the export ban put prices through the roof. It was then time for another change and Waxbills became my passion but again work intervened with now having to do call out duties which often leads to long and unsociable hours. I was very close to packing in all together but decided I could go back to the one bird that has always remained a favourite and would hopefully cope with my working hours far better than the Waxbills. So at the end of last year I set up a small stud of Fawns, Creams and CFWs which have bred some decent young this year but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Hopefully over the next few days I will try and get some photos on the site of the birds I'm working with.

Dave

A warm welcome Dave,

If you have been a silent member for a while you'll know how good this forum is.

Enjoy!!!

Andy

Thanks for the welcome :)

As promised I've just posted a couple of pictures of my CFWs and hopefully soon I will add some of the Creams and Fawns