Thanks Chris,

I knew there was a pair in the flight that had produced one before but I didn't know who it was. So I just left them all to it hoping for some more. Sure enough this one appeared :D

I still don't now who he belongs to though! :lol:

Kerry

Chris,

I do cage breed but only have 12 breeding cages. I do have a pair of BCBB in one at the moment but they have only recently been paired so nothing from them yet. Most of my cages are being used as a temporary quarantine for the birds I got from Stafford, then I will have finished for the season so I don't expect to breed anymore this year. However, last winter my birds refused to stop laying so I ended up putting the nests back in and they produced quite a few chicks.

Kerry

Kerry,

I have found that they breed in the winter when your trying to stop them. I have only bred about 35/40 this year as I started late again. Hopefully next year will be better. Let me no if any of the bb bc are up for offers :-D.

Chris

Will do Chris ;)  I have had quite a few enquiries about the adult one I have but forum members can have first pick. You will all probably have your own by the time I start selling any!

Hope you have better luck breeding next year :)

Kerry

Kerry,

Nice little chap there you've got, Have you noticed who has been feeding him ?

I've managed to get this type in Normal and LB, you are right some of them do get cheek patch late,

It can also be difficult with id'ing the hens as well,

Trevor :)

Nice pic Kerry, so wont they just stop if you remove the boxes? the reason i ask is I have a few pairs that were trying to nest in various things this week, thought it was a bit late in the year so removed the them, only been in the aviary a few days lol

Hi Kerry,

Nice chick, even better when you don't know what you will get.

Makes for a nice surprise :D

Clare

Thanks for the nice comments guys :D

I wish I had seen who's feeding him Trevor but it just doesn't happen when i'm watching no matter how long I wait lol.

Richard, some zebs don't stop when you remove the nests. Mine last year were laying in seed cups or even just on the cage floors. It got to the point where hens were getting egg bound so I decided to put the nests back. I think it was my own fault as I was still feeding them egg food daily.

Kerry