Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Bfbcbb

If i got hold of say a BF and BC and bred these together then following season introduced a BB,Question what other colour would i need to produce a all black zebra finch with no other colour pigment showing,Is it possible to do ???? :) mark

Hi DaveThere are some very nice pictures on that page thanks for the link,So the nearest to black would be the Eumo put how do you get this colour from what mutations BFBCBB and what?mark

I would have thought You'd have to do bit more than bf x bc then add bbAs ud get normals and bf split bc. Best way would then pair full bf split bc x bc and get full bfbcThen pair full bfbc to bb and gives bf and normal split bb n bc.But while pairing the bf x bcId prob run bc x bb pairs more than 1 pairing Then pair splits together to give full bbbcIt's alot of hard work getting bb and bc in one bird to breed the same its using splits and hoping for best.Dave

as far as i know its a mutation in ts own right that has occured and been developednot a combinaton of mutations that result n eumospeter hook had some at the wesh that he has been breeding after importing some from the continentinterestng birds and attractve in there own rightbut give me a cracking pair of normals any day :)

Mark, BF x BC = 50% BF/BC BF/BC x BC = 25% BFBC BFBC x BB = 50% BF/BCBBBF/BCBB x BC/BB = 6.25% BFBCBBIf you are going to try this start off with say 4 pairs and get the types you want. So try a get the BC/BB while you are breeding another part of your aim. It's a bit of work but it's worth it in the end.Hope you acheive your goal, also the Eumo is nothing to do with the above it's a seperate item altogether. If you google eumo zebra finch then click on images there's a few pic's.All the best mate,Trevor :)

If i were trying to breed BCBBBF's from the single mutations i would aim to breed BBBC's and then pair these BBBC's to BF cocks or hens to produce BF/BCBB's and Normal/BCBB's then you should have the amount to breed back and start a line.Paul.

Hi PaulHow many pairs of BCBB would you start of with just couple pair or more to try get line going,mark

It would be ideal to have a pair or more of BCBB's if possible because you can then breed some splits and breed them back too the unrelated bird to start them off,or you could just start with a pair of BB's and a pair of BC's And breed your own BCBB's you may be able to buy better stock in the single mutation birds but it would require more work,but the more of these mutations you have the easier it is to get started.Paul.

Cheers PaulI will see what decent BC & BB i can pick up over the next 2 or 3 months before my next breeding season starts,At the moment i have built up good stud of Creams and Fawns already for next season, But i still need a good challenge thats why looking at black,mark

Hey Markcheck out the Netherlands ZFS website, they have great photos ofall black birds (Zebravinken)They seem to have clean coloured birds differently shaped to theEnglish exhibition bird.Kim

Hi MarkDave Edwards has Blackbreasts of a very high quality im not sure about the Blackcheeks i know Mr & mrs lewsey did well with them.These may be your best places to start for good stock.Paul.

Hey Markcheck out the Netherlands ZFS website, they have great photos ofall black birds (Zebravinken)They seem to have clean coloured birds differently shaped to theEnglish exhibition bird.Kim
Hi KimNice thought but i don't want to mix Continental zebras with English that would be bad for my future stud but nice thought though cheers,mark

Hi Paul I will be seeing dave at the shows more than likely will have word with him most likely give me some good pointers in right direction,This Mr & Mrs Lewsey is this the couple from Surrey your on about before i try to contact them,mark

This sounds like a interesting thing to do, I have seen the eumo pics and they are cracking colours. I have a male black breast-black crest nice large birda take a look at my pics. he would need to go down with a black face female tho :D, It would be nice to see how people do next season withthis colour of breed.regard chris