norfolk flyer

Blacks Moulted Out 2013

All,

Just thought I'd share these two hens which were cage bred earlier in the year, moulted out and here they are,

The hen facing the right, just notice green ring it's a BFBCBB first hen I've bred + there is also another one which is awaiting the moult,

So that's two I've bred this season, well pleased with them, :good:

The other photo is of a BFBC, once again from the shed and moulted out, so many of this type of hen are disregarded and are mistaken for BC,

Note the grey colour in front of the beak (lores) a BC is white there,

Hope you like them, the BFBCBB hen is a bit rare as a high % of breeding for triple blacks you do get males,

Enjoy,

Trevor :p

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/trm03/IMG_7861.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/trm03/IMG_7863.jpg

Ps, If anyone has a black type hen and not sure of type, here is a piece of info to id these black type hens here we are :-

BC           white in front of cheek patch stripe tail

BF           grey in front of tear mark stripe tail

BB           light colour near eye to beak no tear or cheek patch vertical stripe tail

BFBC      grey in front of cheek patch stripe tail

BCBB      very close to BB but slighter dark marking where cheek patch would be vertical stripe tail

BFBB      as BB but grey to the beak and edging to wing feathering vertical stripe tail

BFBCBB as above but more grey down breast front and no edging to wing feathering vertical stripe tail

Hope this was of use.

I DID THIS POST YESTERDAY :o  ?? and wondered where it had disappeared to? :search:  Then when I went to do it again I found it had been 'autosaved'  I must have forgotten to click on the 'post' button :wacko2:

(but better late than never :laugh: )

Fantastic photographs Trevor  Well Done in achieving that.

Your explanation re working out the type is just super I'll be copying that as a reference for the future.

Emmy

Hi Trevor,

Nice hens you have bred.

Can see what you mean about the lores.

Good pointer for me when I breed with BF next year :D

Great to have the info as well for the different combo's.

Clare

Hi trevor,

Cracking birds mate. A good list there to indicate the black type birds. :-D

Will this on be in the breeding program next year?

Chris

Awesome birds Trevor! I cant wait to finally breed some of these, you have inspired me to pull my finger out and finally get the right birds paired up.

Kerry