Sign in to follow this  
Fabian246

Hi From Barbados

Hi,

I recently started up breeding zebra finches after moving back here from the UK. I've bred exhibition budgies before and did quite well for myself on the show scene while I was in the UK.

I'm very excited to start up breeding zebra finches and hope I can get loads of information here.

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

A very warm Welcome to the forum (or I maybe should have said 'Freezing welcome :rofl: - it's very cold and windy here just now)

I'm sure you will enjoy keeping Zebra Finches. You'll find a difference in them from keeping budgies, but I'm sure it wont be long until you have the finches on the show bench as well.

The members here are all very willing to help with any questions you want to ask, and among them all there is a wealth of information that you wont get from a book. So ask any question you want to.

What colours are you breeding at the moment?

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and lots of new zebra finches in 2014 :lol:

Emmy

Thanks Emmy,

I've currently got cfw, fc, bb and whites. Along with the greys and fawns. I will be working on size and confirmation first then the colours. I have a soft spot for the cfws and fc.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Fabian

Fabian,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it on here,

Is there a zebra finch club/society in Barbados ?

Look forward to some of your photo's of your zeb collection,

All the best for Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Trevor :)

Welcome to the forum Fabian.

You will find a lot of helpful members on here, please ask as many questions as you like.

Gary.

Welcome from one former Budgie man to another.

I changed to Zebies just a little over a year ago and keep CFW, Pieds/Whites and Normals.

This Forum has helped me adjust no end.

Anyway... Enjoy!!!

Andy

Thanks you for your kind welcome.

There is no zebra finch society. Just our local cage and aviary bird club (which I am vice-president of.

I will try to get some pictures on the forum. Most of our birds are Canadian in origin and were imported over the years.

Fabian

If memory serves me correctly Ricardo Gaskin's line. I was in the. UK studying when the birds were brought in so I'm not up to speed with lines and their origins.

Fabian

• Like 1