Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Any Idea Of What These Could Be?

these 2 males came from the same nest and I have been waiting to see how they would turn out after the moult as the parents are fawn male x grey cheeked female. so if any one have any ideas what they could be would be a great help thanks

Richard

post-2315-0-30947000-1388609607_thumb.jp     post-2315-0-85433200-1388609649_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-18811100-1388609690_thumb.jp     post-2315-0-18852800-1388609728_thumb.jp       

Hi Richard I'm not good at identifying colours but the bottom photographs looks to be a 'pied'

No matter what colour they are they are nice birds.

Emmy

hi emmy

my first thought was a pied but as far as I no I don't have any pied gene in my birds as I no the fawn male came

from a stud that are only fawns and greys,unless its been a hidden factor.thanks for the reply.

richard

Hi Rich,

Both males are GC's, but (there's always a but) because you've bred a GC with a Fawn you are reducing the GC colour over the body,

Please don't take this wrong if you want GC's always breed with a normal grey bird,

Golden rule Grey with grey and fawn with fawn,

So if you want FC = FC x Fawn or visa versa,

Now when these two males are ready to breed put them with grey hens,

What I said here comes from my own experience in this type,

If you would like to look at my gallery you will see some that I bred a few years ago,

All the best Rich,

Any further info i'll try and help with a positive answer,

Trevor :)

• Like 2

hi trevor

I didn't have any spare grey males but because I knew fawn was a sex link I knew I would get some fawn cheeked hens and normal split males just like fawn x normal pairings .out of the pair in question I did breed normal and grey

checked males and fawn and fawn cheeked females but on there 3rd and last round these 2 popped out which throw me

a bit as I knew 100% that the male wasn't split for any colour as I know the breeder very well.the males will be

split for fawn aswell so was thinking of pairing back to fawns what do you think about that idea.the grey cheeked

hen was from you trevor ,

richard

hi baz

I was told 100% that the fawn male is pure but not the cheeked hen that's whats thrown me as the other 2 rounds from that pairing produced what I was wanting just the 3rd and last round that didn't.but like you say zebs can thrown anything out so maybe down the line there could be a hidden gene that even my friend don't no about because all he as is fawns in his shed and its just my luck these to genes have met.

richard

Rich,

If you did this ( GC split Fawn x Fawn) you should get :-

12.5% GC split Fawn males

12.5% GC hens

25% FC

25% Fawn

12.5% Normal split Fawn males

12.5% Normal hens

So you would get the best of both worlds GC and FC young,

Hope this helps you,

Trevor :)

hi trevor

yes I hope I would that's why I did the pairing after I was unable to get any good grey males,so fingers cross it will work out ok

richard