Sign in to follow this  
Andyn

Possible Albino Chick

OK! I need some help with this please-

Egg number five has hatched today and it's parents are Normal cock and CFW hen.

When I first saw the chick it was pink with white down and I thought it might be a light CFW but on closer examination tonight I believe the eyes are going to be a red colour. They look just like an Ino factor Budgie chick.

I checked the Chris Blackwell book and it mentions Albino Zebra Finches and that they are a sex linked species, which means the parent cock is split Albino.

Only having experience of Albino and Lutino Budgies I'm still not 100% confident that what I'm seeing is a Albino Zebra Finch. The parent cock was bought about 3rd hand and I didn't have any records etc. The hen was one I bred last year from CFW cock to Normal hen

Does anyone know of other identifiers which would confirm if this an Ino please.

Thanks..

Andy

Hi andy,

I have just had the same thing happen in a nest. Parents arw bf/bc cfw hen x bc cfw male.

5eggs 5 chicks, now I posted this on the Facebook pages and a chap mentioned continental cfw with pink eyes.

Ill dig out the read up on it.

Chris

Thanks for your replies, but sadly the chick was dead this morning.

But it would have been interesting to have been able to see it survive into what ever it was.

Andy

Thanks Chris,

Couldn't quite get my head around what they were trying to say in that link though. Did you fare any better?

Cheers