Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Obbb Fawn Chicks

here are a picture of 2 of my males that are just starting to colour up. my pair had 5 chicks 4 male and

1 female.

post-2315-0-39640200-1393528304_thumb.jp post-2315-0-84461000-1393528361_thumb.jp

richard

• Like 1

hi trev

thanks for post. the other 2 males are taking longer to colour up so im expecting even more orange on these and there a bit bigger than these aswell and looking promising for my stud

richard

Hi Richard,
So far, things haven't worked out as I had hoped. Only 3 chicks so far: the two that I posted the photo of them in another post, and another chick in another nest which should be  a pied (parents: cock-grey pied-hen white pied) but its too young yet to know what it will be, I have 2 BB/OB cock birds but cant decide what to pair them up to. The hens I have are fawn, grey pied, pied white, cfw, normal, and I have a BB/OB hen but cant use her as she is a sibling to the two cocks.
Within the next week I should have moved most of them into the outside aviary and it will be then I'll decide which ones I want to pair up to put into breeding cages and leave the others to make up their own minds and take their pick (lol) I have Fife canaries which I'll be pairing up as well.
But I do have a surprise waiting for me in another nest :D I bought a pair of Bengalese in case I needed feeders but I found two eggs in one of the finches cage  that had no nest box in it (now I cant remember which cage they came from :fool:) so I popped the two eggs into the Bengalese nest pan, nothing happened for 4 days,  then they started to incubate the two eggs. I had a peep into the nest the other day to see if anything had happened and got a shock - those two eggs had now become 7  :o  the Bengalese are incubating their own eggs didn't really want this to happen but it will be interesting to see what turns out :lol:

Emmy

hi emmy

sorry to hear things are not going to plan but it is still early days at mo.but light is on the Horizon with your Bengalese so I have my fingers cross for you there.your bb/ob male birds if they were mine I would pair them to fawn if you have 2 fawn hens then your chicks would be something like this

males 25% normal/bb/fawn                                25%normal/bb/ob/fawn

females 25%normal/bb                                      25%normal/bb/ob

hope this helps because then if you come across any obbbs hens this year when paired to the above males you will have a chance of breeding some fawn obs,bbs and obbbs so good luck on what you choose

richard