Sign in to follow this  
Andyn

Garden Centre Pied

I bought this Pied cock from Trago Mills Garden Parque last September, He has fathered 2 nice chicks with a Peter Cannan hen before Christmas and I have just paired him up to a Garden Centre Hen today. Biggish bird but not well marked.

post-745-0-10789200-1393886847_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy,

Nice looking bird, I used to be into pieds some years ago and they still attract my attention when I see one.

Gary.

Andy you may just get a nice surprise with the young of that pairing.

Emmy

He has produced some nice chicks but not really very well marked. So I've been advised to put them to Whites or an overly white marked Pied next autumn.

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Nice looking bird, I used to be into pieds some years ago and they still attract my attention when I see one.

Gary.

Hi Gary,

I bought a pair from a garden centre which sent me over to Zebies and the exhibition side. I think a striking Pied certainly catches the eye. Got to think about the future and increase size though.

Oh! also I have tried to PM 3 members lately and all said that they couldn't accept new messages. Not sure if that means inbox full or there is a problem.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

This usually happen when the recipients inbox is full or you're over your inbox limit. Try deleting some old PM's to give you more space.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Hi andy,

Nice pied you have there, I have a couple of nice pied males at the moment, from last year, looking to pair with my whites.

Good luck with them. :)

Clare

Hi Andy,

This usually happen when the recipients inbox is full or you're over your inbox limit. Try deleting some old PM's to give you more space.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Thanks Garry, I'll try that.

Hi andy,

Nice pied you have there, I have a couple of nice pied males at the moment, from last year, looking to pair with my whites.

Good luck with them. :)

Clare

I remember once telling a very senior Budgie Champion once that I'd seen some good birds in a garden centre and his reply was" If they take your eye you should buy them"

so I applied that to the Pied Cock too.