Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

Some Of My Young Chicks.

A few different types here - these are some of my young zebbies- keeping my fingers crossed I'll get some more BC later. ;)

MyyoungchicksphototakenApril4th2014_zps0

Emmy

Emmy,

Good lot of young there,

Nice looking Fawn hen on top perch,

I keep looking in the background for that OBBB hen but can't see it,

Must be well hidden :ph34r:

I will find it !!!

Trevor :)

Hi Trevor

Even if you put on two pairs of glasses you wouldn't be able to find any of the OB/BB's in that photo :lol: . (You did advise me to keep it under lock and key (lol))  The OB/BB male is still in the cage with pied female feeding those chicks and the new OB/BB hen is  in a cage on her own meantime but next to the cage that has  the OB/BB male. ;)  :D

Emmy

Nice young Emmy,

Like Trevor I spotted the fawn hen but thought it might have a grey head and chest, Was that a trick of the light?

Andy

Hi Andy

I didn't have the camera focused properly so what you are seeing on the fawn is the 'shadow' of the cage front. I'm pleased how the young  fawns are coming along they seem to be a bit bigger than the other colours.

(Just noticed that my new pair of canaries have their first egg in their nest :yahoo: )

Emmy6

Thanks for that Emmy (any significance in the 6 as above?)

We aren't going to breed any canaries this year. We have enough at the moment. Fingers X'd for yours though.

All the best

Andy 

Hi Andy,

I shouldn't be letting my canaries breed either BUT I was given a 'white pied' Fife and a yellow Fife and just couldn't resist (lol)

Re the finches I'm going to pair up the OB/BB male with the OB/BB female soon - really keen to find out what they will produce and the  pair that produce the BC chick now have two eggs in their nest so I'm hoping for at least one more BC chick  (I've already had a talk with that pair and told them not to let me down :crazy:  :rofl: )

The other pair I'm hoping to breed with is the Gouldians  but time will tell and I'll just have to have a bit patience (looks like the female's beak is changing colour more a deep pink colour creeping in)

Emmy

some nice birds there emmy sounds like you have lots going on at the moment. I have a pair similar to your pairing (obb/bb x bb/ob) just got 2 chicks from first round they produced 1 ob/bb and an obbb so fingers cross of more to come.you should expect something similar but all young should be ob with some obbb and split bbs.

good luck anyway with that pairing

richard