Sign in to follow this  
Ozzy747

2 X Cfw Youngsters....wasn't Suppose To Happen

Couple of weeks ago I made the decision to remove a hatchling from a caged pair because it wasnt being fed. I put it into an aviary nest where another chick had recently hatched. The good news is that these two are now ready to leave nest. The bad news is I dont know which is which. I removed the chick from a pair of LB BF/cfw Cock & fawn BB hen. I placed it into a nest which was run by a normal grey hen (cock unsure). These are the two chicks! There is no CFW cock in the aviary and I do not think there is any split cfw in there! But it looks like I will never know which chick came from the caged pair. Life's never simple!

post-163-0-27949000-1397388988_thumb.jpg

Scott,

Seems I'm not the only one that gets these types of problems when fostering. But I guess you have at least one cock bird in your aviary that is split CFW. then.

When you breed the chicks back next year will the one from LB BF/cfw throw anything that will identify her parentage? Assuming that you don't have anything in the aviary that's the same colour/spits etc.

Andy

post-163-0-39261300-1397594207_thumb.jpgNot 100% identical with this picture but nearly.......wandering if BF is having some sort of effect on this picture?????

I can see the slight difference Scott but have no idea if BF has anything to do with this.

Still think they are ja lovely pair of birds :D

Emmy

Any chance of a comparison of tail markings?

As one from bf pairing will be definately split blackbreast which normally shows as a visible