Sign in to follow this  
Chrisd346

Hello From N.ireland

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself before i hit you all with loads of questions and requests for advice! My name is Chris and over 20 years ago my Uncle started keeping Zebra Finches(I'm 32 now) and i became obsessed with them. Its only recently though that I have started keeping my own and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have 2 pairs, a Normal cock and hen and a Normal cock/Fawn hen. They are building nests at present so exciting times ahead hopefully!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully meeting other members from this part of the world!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Ask your questions and I'm sure you'l get an answer from members.

Anyway.. Enjoy!!

Andy

Welcome to the forum Chris.

I think you will find the members here are all very willing to answer any question you want to ask.

They are always willing to give help and advice

Looking forward to reading your posts and hearing how things are working out for you.

One thing for certain you wont regret getting those zebra finches- they are adorable little birds.

Emmy

Hi Adam.

Thats great to hear there is someone local who has a great deal of experience with these lovely birds! I certainly will contact you if I need any help or advice! Do you know of any good shows around here where good quality Finches can be purchased? I was told there was a show last week in Broughshane but no very little about the local bird scene.

Thanks alot for your reply,

Chris

Thanks Baz. Would love to do that, make a trip of it. I assume buying a bird over there and bringing it home on the Ferry is totally legal? Sorry i know that may well sound ridiculous lol

Hi Mark, 

Thank you very much indeed, appreciate that very much!

Well I'll ask you both this one, i got a really nice cock on Monday. He's a nice size bird and he's white. Having a bit of trouble trying to decide what colour/variety is best to pair him with. I did read that white and white is a bad idea. Have you guys any suggestions or leads?

Thanks alot, Chris

Hi Chris,

I would go with Normal myself it depends what you want to do with him and or his young?! You are correct in that white to white is generally not done. But im sure he will do great for you no matter what you pair him too!! Best of luck mate!!

Mark

Thank you both very much. I have the opportunity to buy a Fawn Hen, do you think she would be a good match for him in the sense of breeding?

Thanks again