Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Grizzle Zebra Finch

hi all, can anyone shed any light on the grizzle/grizly zebra finch. I am having a male black breast grizzle zebra finch, i was told it has speckles instead of stripes. Can any one help me out with this plz.Cheers chris

hi mark some interesting things on the site. Just hope it as good as the read up. Will upload pics when i get it. They are not seen of much in the uk then. He has it paired with a large fawn hen. What do you think the best way of breeding it to the right colour. Cheers chris

Chris i cant advise you on what to pair it with as the mutation is one i will never have in my stud of zebras i dont like the look of them sorry about that, there will be someone on here that might give you there thoughts on them,it will be good for them being bred in the uk though looking forward to pictures of your new ones good luck with them,mark

mark, no worries mate. From what i read on the link the bird he has is nothing like it. I will get the pics on tho mate as soon as i get him. He said its a very dark bird with speckles on his chest. Very large cheek patches and large flanks. It sounds like me to be a black breast.Chris

lookin at the pic dont think its a grizzly.the marking are different from a normal black breast. Soon as i get the bird will put better pics on. Chris