Sign in to follow this  
Benji66

Hello

Hi folks ,

Just joined the forum, I have kept birds for 30 odd years. At the moment keep Norwich and a few pairs of

Lancashire Canaries, always admired the Zebra finch., and will now be looking for some quality pairs of

Exhibition stock, Peter Harrison is a name I have heard of! have seen some pics of his stock, I would assume his birds are expensive, but pedigree stock, does have a price. Looking forward to posting on this fantastic forum., and will post some pics of my birds soon.

Regards......Ben.

Hello Ben and welcome to the forum.

A lot of us on here have other types of birds too and with all that bird keeping experience I'm sure you will be able to help answer questions.

Enjoy!!

Andy 

Hello Andy and thanks for the welcome, glad to be aboard, it would be a pleasure to help anyone on the forum.

Have kept exhibition stock for many years, and as some will know Norwich are .....(Heartbreakers) !!! they lay

Eggs soon enough! but have a habit of not feeding the chicks!! also have some Lancashire Coppies, bred 4 this

Year . , not the best season, but that's birds for you.

Welcome to the forum Ben now and again members post that they have quality zebra finches  for sale and if you go to the show at Stafford they can sometimes arrange for you to pick them up there.

I keep a variety of finches and etc etc (too many to mention (lol) and I also have Fife canaries.

Hope you enjoy being on the forum look forward to you posting.

Emmy

Thanks Emmy for the kind comments , been to Stafford many times, great day out ! have done some great road trips

buying stock, all over the UK . Always say best if you can travel , and see the birds you are interested in, that way you

See how the birds are kept, and of course get to actually meet the person you are buying from, not everyone can manage

A long trip I know, but always recommend you see what you are buying if possible.