Sign in to follow this  
niajetze

Hello From North Wales

A big hello to everyone from North wales!

I have had my first couple of zebbies for 2 months now and it has been a roller coaster! I got a male and female who quickly produced 5 eggs and then 4 babies when the youngest was only a few days old the female collapsed and died :(  a week to two weeks later the dad was collapsed and I contacted the vets who advised it could be exhaustion rearing the babies on his own and to hand rear them. This was not too scarey as I used to breed cockatiels and budgies when I was about 12 to about 21 but I had not done it with something so tiny!

We decided to leave dad with the babies in the hope he would do the night feeds (which he did ) anyway taking the pressure off he recovered and we have 4 healthy babies now just about in their adult colours happy and healthy. We have now bought a white female for the dad and have 3 grey babies (1 male 2 female) and one female fawn.

I am loving the zebies and having had an aviary before so I  am seriously thinking of setting up my first aviary in years so thought I would join a group :)

• Like 1

Welcome Niajetze, I also joined recently and I have found this forum very helpful. I'm sure you will too!

Congrats on the chicks I'm so happy they made it and the dad as well...

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum Niajetze.

That was both a happy and sad story and well done on the hand feeding. (I know all about that)

Enjoy!!

Andyn

Welcome to the forum Niajetze that's good that the chicks survived, so sad when one of the parents die when the chicks are small. I've had that happen too. hope all goes well for you in the future

Emmy

welcome to the forum, seems you have had a er? challenging re-introduction to keeping Zebbies... Hope things are all going well now and things have settled down for you.!