Sign in to follow this  
Andrew123

Hi From Kent.

Hi,

I'm back to breeding zebs after a fifteen year absence.

I should think I've met some of you on the facebook groups already.

I'm in Kent hopefully some of you are too!

Andrew

Welcome from one to another, the forum and back into the hobby.

Enjoy!!

Andy

Welcome to the forum Andrew

Looking forward to finding out what colours/mutations you are keeping.

Emmy

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm stocking up on zebs at the moment. I've picked up a few nice zebs so far -

CFW pair,

Nice clean penguin pair

BCBB/CFW cock

BB/BC hen

BF/BB cock

BF cock

Fawn/OB hen x 2

Grey/bc pair

and a couple of impulse buy hens - 

DSBC

and a fawn(ish) BC.

A comprehensive list for you! :lol:

I want to stock up on similar birds to those above and possibly some nice big BC/CFW.

The main problem I have is that I don't have any local contacts for exhibition stock, but I'll work on that.

I'm toying with the idea of the long drive to Stafford for some more birds, I really need a few pairs of quality penguins.

Most importantly, this started out as a small garden aviary for the kids to enjoy but as soon as I bought my first few pairs I decided that they were too good to breed in an aviary and have started planning the breeding program!

I'm getting very excited!

Andrew

I'm toying with the idea of the long drive to Stafford for some more birds, I really need a few pairs of quality penguins.

Most importantly, this started out as a small garden aviary for the kids to enjoy but as soon as I bought my first few pairs I decided that they were too good to breed in an aviary and have started planning the breeding program!

I'm getting very excited!

Hi Andrew

What a power those little birds have over us :D  I had kept all mine in the house and they took over the conservatory too before My son built me my outside aviary.

This summer I have let them breed at random in the outside flight but I feel I'm out of control when the ones I told to pair up chose a different mate (very disobedient) :lol:  what I'm going to do  is  reorganise the inside flight  (shed) and set up my breeding cages again. I have already paired up two pairs of owl finches, a pair of gouldians,  a pair of hecks and a pair of BC.  

I'd like to get a pair of OB and a pair of BCBB  who knows may get lucky at Stafford :D

Hope you manage to get to Stafford

Emmy

Emmy

Hi,

I'm back to breeding zebs after a fifteen year absence.

I should think I've met some of you on the facebook groups already.

I'm in Kent hopefully some of you are too!

Andrew

HI andrew, my female zebra finch passed away last friday 10/10/14 so my male is on his own. Would you be selling yours once they are old enough as my local pet store may not sell me one as they prefer pairs. I live in north kent.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum.

Thats alot of different mutations :lol:

All the best with them.

Clare

Hi Mrs Lawson,

Yes I'll be selling some, although I don't have any babies yet. I should have my breeding room ready in a few weeks, but won't have anything to sell for a while. There are a couple of bird sales that I know of in Kent, one in Nettlestead and one in Larkfield, if you are after something a bit sooner.

http://www.gns-cagebirdsociety.org.uk/buying_birds.html

Andy.

Thanks Dean,

That's useful to know. He's on my list of people to get in touch with already, as he is the contact for the Kent ZFC. He's moved up to the top of the list now.  :good:

Hi Derek,

I live about an hour away from you, near Cranbrook. It's nice to hear from another breeder from kent, which mutations do you keep? I've got ideas of the mutations which I would like to refine from my stock, but at the moment it's all dependent on the quality of the offspring that I can produce. 

Andy

• Like 1