Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Silver Lightback

hi all, I have got my hands on a cracking silver lightback male. What would be the best colour to breed him to is the colour a dominant one or not.Chris

Chris if you wish to produce more of the same you should pair him to a lightback hen this will give you the best chance, or you could also pair it to a normal hen but you will not get silver lightback cocks only silver/lightback cocks and Normal/lightback cocks,also you could try to pair it to a fawn hen to produce cream if you are lucky.Silver lightback x Normal 25% Normal/Lightback Males25% Lightback Females25% Silver (SF) /Lightback Males25% Silver (SF) Lightback Femalessilver lightback x Lightback25% Lightback Males25% Lightback Females25% Silver (SF) Lightback Males25% Silver (SF) Lightback FemalesPaul.

Paul, what about the other way round, i have a sliver lightback hen. Cock options are CFW, Normal, Normal/CFW. Don't understand silvers properly.

Hi Mark Silver is dominant just like Blackface and also cream so works in the same way,i would keep it to either a lightback cock or a normal cock rather than putting cfw into it as this will result in lighback split cfw cocks.Normal x silver lightback25% Silver (SF) /Lightback Males25% Normal Females25% Silver (SF) Females25% Normal/Lightback Maleslightback x silver lightback25% Silver (SF) Lightback Males25% Lightback Females25% Silver (SF) Lightback Females25% Lightback Males

Just think of it as trying to bred lightbacks,you can breed lightback to lightback or to split lightback and such.Paul.