Sign in to follow this  
Rid Mite

Hello All

Hello all

I've been breeding canaries for quite a few years but decided to try with Australian finches,I will be

looking for a few brains to pick to help show me the ropes,thanks in anticipation.

Mike

Welcome tot he forum Mike.

Just ask and the members here will give you all the help you want. 

A lot of our members breed canaries too I've got my canaries and my zebra finches together in my aviary.

What colours of finches are you thinking about getting ?

Emmy

• Like 1

Hi all,thanks for the warm welcome

Emmy at the minute I have 20 irish fancy,4 pair gouldian+13 young,4 pair zebra+2 cocks+5young,2pair star,1pair cherry,1pair parsons and 1pair bengalese.Zebra colours hens 2fawn,1fawn penguin,1white,

cocks 5normal grey,1 cfw,young 2fawn cocks,3normal grey hens.( 2fawn cocks means that their father is a normal/fawn)so once I get a couple of mutations I can start having some fun.I'll keep you all posted as I go along.

Mike

Wow!! you have a nice variety there- and I thought I was bad with the variety I have :lol:

My latest acquisition is a pair of Baroband parotlets.

I've not had a lot of luck with my gouldians.  Lost a few (adults) but the pair I have now had eggs in their nest (their first clutch) but weren't incubating them - eggs didn't look fertile. But he has built another nest so I guess it will be a waiting game to find out if there will be the flutter of tiny wings in the future. ;)

At the moment I've got 12 zebra finch chicks just fledged some BC there and I think there is a cream as well. ( don't know how the cream chick happened :)  ) 

Thanks for sharing Mike be nice if  you have any photos (you could enter three  into the photo competition that is every month .

you just email your photos to Andy. This is his email address:

andy.nethercott@outlook.com

Emmy

Hi

All you need to do is choose 3 photos of your birds that you have photographed yourself and email them to :

andy.nethercott@outlook.combers  and they will be entered into the competition No names are attached to the photos so members will only recognise their own  (You can't vote for your own photographs)

Then the members are asked to vote for the photograph that they like the most.  the photograph that gets the most votes gets put on the front page of the forum until the next months competition winner is chosen (new competition each month)

If you click on Forums on the menu bar and scroll down until you come to the section Photo Competition  you can read about it there.  Also if you click on ZFF Gallery on the menu bar and at the right hand side you'll see Categories below that you will see Photo Competition click on that and you will see the photographs that have been entered for the competition

Hope that helps. 

Emmy