Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

Bengalese Chicks

5675cd05f2fc2_Bengalesechickseither5or6i

I took this photograph tonight of the Bengalese chicks in their nest. Can't be sure just how many chicks are in there but one thing for sure that nest is 'chock-a-block' and it looks as though all the chicks are being well fed.

Every time I try to count them I get a different number :lol:

Emmy

Emmy,

Is that just from one pair or like mine that time when I had a trio.?

Love that photo too.

Hi Andy

It's definitely one pair they have been  in a cage by themselves quite a while before any eggs were laid and the annoying thing is I cant remember how many eggs were finally in the nest   but I did know there were quite a few laid. I'm thinking there is at least 7 :unknw:chicks in there. I've a feeling I'll not know for sure how many until they fledge:D

Emmy

Do the taping bit on the side of nest and count how many gapes open for feeding. :D

Mine had same amount but it was two dads and one mum.

47 minutes ago, Andyn said:

Do the taping bit on the side of nest and count how many gapes open for feeding. 

:lol: I've tried that Andy but before I get round them all some of them have already hidden their head.  Guess they're trying to let me know they  just want to be  left alone. As soon as I know how many I'll let you know. :good:

Emmy

Update:  Well I've found no dead chicks in the cage or the nest  and it looks as though there has been only  6 chicks in the nest -the first one fledged today.  If this pair breed again they will definitely be given a much bigger nest :lol:

5682f76783da0_Dec27th2015Bengalesechicks  the chick in the front of the nest is a late developer and just beginning to feather up. At least it will be kept warm.

5682f78dc4467_Dec27the2015firstBegalesec   First  chick fledged today.

Emmy