Emmy

Tiny, ??, Medium and Large!

My 'parrot' family!!

I had the medium sized ones -Barrabands

and then I got 4 tiny ones the Madagastar love bird parrots

then recently got the large one Bobby the Blue faced Amazon

Now that left out the 'small' sized ones Just couldn't have that !!

Now, this morning I have fixed  that missing link.

:yahoo:when my family discovers this I'll be shouting :help:

Meet Pinky and Perky  my peach faced lovebirds (red head is the hen )

56f29e687681b_23rsMarch2016peachfacedlov

Emmy

had these as a youth.. loved to watch them strip willow and they fly with it between there tail feathers when they are nest building.... the only bad thing I remember is for such a small parrot they are very loud ... good luck with them more hours of fun!!! an watch out they are prone to bite an when they do they don't like to let go!!!! I still have the scars to prove it........

• Like 1

(lol) know what you are saying I had two before both were hens though and YES! they can bite!!  Noise doesn't bother me (lol) if it gets too loud I just take my hearing aids out :lol:  I had two of them for many years and they were just fascinating to watch them strip the willow and decorate their back with it -paper too! The ones I had before were Fischers peach faced love birds. I was told these two will probably be ready for breeding  soon so next thing is to get a nest box ready!  and NO! I wont be hand rearing any of their chicks I'll give that pair a right talking too before they get a nest box!! :D

Emmy

......oh my emmy.....i wish i could do that with my mums 2 lovies.....but being 20.......i'm far off that :P 

My mums 2, which are a pair, are laying at the moment......but they never hatch the eggs, they tend to destroy them so i'm thinking to give their eggs to my kakarikis who never lay haha but the hen spends all her time in the nest :P would be nice to see what happens :D 

mine are an lutino and another yellowish one :P once they start squawking.....they dont stop D:  

• Like 1

Oh Dear more bitey things:D, you must have reached Zoo status by now:lol:

Good Luck with them!

2 hours ago, Clare L said:

you must have reached Zoo status by now:lol:

Not quite Clare ;):lol: there's  a few spaces left before I could say that and I need to wait 'till I get the cats, rabbits, guinea pigs etc etc :lol:

Now wait until you hear this bit of news!!  My son phoned me tonight and we chatted for a while  then he informed me that he had seen an advert about a pair of African Grey Parrots looking for a home!! When I asked how much were they being sold for he said they were 'free'!! Now that I didn't believe! (This was beginning to look like the 10 chickens episode from a year ago!!- hard to believe but that's a year I have had the 5 hens now)

When I asked where he had seen the advert and where about were they being sold?

His answer was,  "I'm NOT telling you!!!"   Grrr!:diablo:

Surly he wasn't thinking I would have taken them!! :lol:

Emmy