Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Cfw Chick Without Tear Marks

hi all,I have a nest of 6 chicks 2 of them i fostered to them. The parents of the one pair are a bb female with a fawn male and a bb female with a light back male. Chicks 4 of them look to be bb, and the other 2 look like cfw. But the one has no tear marks at all just white. They are just fledging the nest now. Has anyone a clue what it could be.Cheers all chris

If lacking tear could be just white and not cfw. Are both hens normal bb? If all cfw is cock a light version lightback? As could be split cfw Cheers

hi dave,Yes mate both females are normal grey bb, and the males are a fawn and a light back. Not sure which are the 2 chicks from looks to me from the bb and light back male.What do you think mate.Cheers chris

Chris, The younster in question has it got black skin or pale skin ? if it's got dark skin it's prob bbcfw. Also has it got a black beak? (pic would be handy)Trevor :)

Yes it could be that it's a CFW BB hen as as the hens in both pairings are BB and you said you have produced other chicks BB in that nest so it sounds like a CfwBB chick.Paul.

The other 3 chicks in the nest: one is a fawn the other is a normal grey and the other is a bb.So i think from the 2pairs. The 2 whites and the 2 bb are from the bb female and lightback male.And the othe 2 normal grey and fawn are from the bb female and fawn male.Chris