paulm

Normals

Hi AllThese are some of my first normals of this breeding season. just thought i would share.normal201228-1-12b.jpgnormal201228-1-12.jpgCheers Paul.

Thanks for sharing the photographs Paul, they are lovely birds. One of mine that hatched out in December is developing these same colours so I guess it will be a 'normal'.Emmy

Thanks for the comments its nice to share,i think they were hatched around about 16/12/11 could of been later but i would have to check my records.Paul.

Great stuff again Paul well done mate at the moment i have nest off 5 normals at 7/8 days old these will be my first to ring for 2012 along with 6 more creams,mark

Hi PaulI think this year there is going to be more creams than last year fingers crossed ;) mark

Hi MateI think we will see some nice creams from you this year as we did last year.Paul.

Hi AllHad this hop out of the nest today,it was the first one out from this pair and at first i thought i had bred a Black cheek but upon closer inspection its just the darkest normal i have ever bred.darknormalchick1.jpgPaul.

Paul, Just a quicky, why is that not a BC ? if it is a normal like you say it is why the black cheek first before the chestnut colour is there a reason for this ?Trevor :wacko:

Normal?? i would of said blackcheek plus i was looking at his breast bar also looks very dark BCBB funny old game this breeding isn't it one never knows what turns up,mark

Hi I know it looks a lot like a Black cheek but its just a very very dark normal when i looked closer the cheek feather were strangly shiny very odd,if you look at the body colour you can tell it very dark and even the white near its beak is grey in colour.Paul.

From the picture it may be that the camera has caught the cheek feathers at a strange angle. What do you take your photos with Paul, nice clear images, please don't say you mobile phone!

Hi PaulCome to think about it i remember emailing Dave Huntington over 12 months ago asking him if the normals i got of him was split for blackcheek as it did look very like that young one of yours and his answer was NO,Paul all you got to do now is find a hen bird same colour mate to pair with for show bench :wacko::lol: mark

Hi mark I used a Digi compact,but the chick looks like this to the naked eye as well till you have a real close look then you can tell its a very dark Normal.Paul.

Could you eventually selectivly breed a black or almost black bird by using the darkest possible normals? How many generations would it take if it were possible?

Hi You could but it would be easier from one of the black combo or black mutations,if fact it has already been done By Huub Janssen.Paul.

This is Another Normal just colouring up i quite like,the colour may not be to good as he's split Fawn and Lightback and its not a great photo but.Normal30-1-12.jpgPaul.

He's a little beauty shame looks like cock bird had a go at his rear end are the parents building again,mark

Hi MarkI know the sod,no he did it when they were still in the nest which i remove when they flegded so he's not bothering now.Paul.