Sign in to follow this  
ssteves

Hi From Newbie

hi my name is steve i have been keeping birds on and of for over 40yrs mainly budgies and zebs mainly the normal type and the odd pied of zeb,i gave up keeping birds about 23 years ago because of working 7 day a week :( ,i got back into birds again about 3 yrs ago mainly budgies, because i had a very bad car accident in1995 and had to give up work as a carpet fitter,i started breeding spaniels but gave up on that idea as we were keeping all the pups anyway the last one died 3 years ago and as i was finding it harder to walk i went back to birds.in the last couple of years i have started keeping and breeding canaries i gave my budgies to my dad as he was the one that got me started in birds, about 6months ago i brought a pair of normal zebs again i can't keep away from them and they produced some loverly chicks which i was told were chestnut flanked hens a couple of weeks ago i brought a cock bird to use when the hens are old enough hopefully i have not bored you to much.

steve

hopefully a photo of one of the chicks should be on here

post-613-0-16142700-1344708337_thumb.jpg

thanks for the welcome everyone hopefully i will learn quite a bit from members on here,like i said i have have zebs on and of since i was a teenager but having such a long break from birds things have changed in the fact like budgies when i first started keeping them it was green,blue,mauve if you were lucky to have some and pieds now there are all different types just like zebs so hopefully i will get to know what's what,i did see some pheo's the other week and would like some at some stage once i have finished my new flight,it takes me a while to do things :)

steve

Welcome back to keeping Zebs Steve and I hope you find all the answers to your questions on the forum.

Nice CFW, I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Gary.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with getting that new flight set up - even if you can only manage a short time each day working on it one day you'll get a surprise and discover its finished. Nice photo of the CFW. Looking forward to you posting some more photographs of the birds.

Emmy

once again thank you,i can't believe how friendly this site is,i wished i had joined earlier but i could never work out what the letter's were to stop the spammer's :blush::lol: so i used to give up trying,glad i got it right this time :)

steve