paulm

Orange Breasted Black Breasted

Hi Folks

I couple of picture of some of this years OB/BB's well I think /BB anyway, its been a slow year with them so far but getting a few now.

Before

100_8632_zps4fde7c79.jpg

And after, still not 100% molted out yet but looking ok.

100_8853_zps189763bc.jpg100_8835_zps924977c3.jpg

nice chick deffo looks obbb more than its parents are parents ob split bb?because the male has ob tail markings cant see hen so cant comment

my obbb fawn chick looks like yours aswell and shes from a deffo obbb pair

richard

Hi

The top photo is of the bird as a chick and then the bottom too are of it now when its nearly completed the molt.

I know what you mean mind as a chick it looks 100% BB in the tail but when molted it looks /bb in the tail instead.

Paul.

Paul,

Grand little chap there Paul i like 10/10 he looks cheeky, (i'll stop for photo then i'm off) :biggrin:  

But that male underneath wow deffo like him he's a corker 11/10

Thanks for sharing Paul,

Trevor :)

Cheers Trev, there's two bothers but the other one didn't like his little trip out to a slow cage so I didn't point the camera his way.

Paul.

hi paulm sorry for mix up thought birds on bottom was its parents .yes it did have bb tail marking when a chich but looks more like ob tail markings now, weather its something this mutation does from time to time I have no idea but my fawn obbb hen still has the bb markings in its tail and on its wings could it be that theres more ob gene showing through at mo and when its fully

through its moult then the bb side will show time will tell but its still a cracking bird

richard

Hi Paul,

Well done on the chicks mate, lovely size and markings. How long has it taken you to get to that standard in that particular colour?

I may be wrong but I have herd its hard to get size in to the black variety of zebs. Are there many on the show bench these days?

Chris

Hi All

Thanks for the comments.

Chris there's been some cracking BB birds benched over the past few years and I have seen a very very impressive BC lightback hen before and know there has been some on the show bench this year that I've heard were very impressive but I didn't see them myself.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

He Looks great.

Love the before and after pics.

Its amazing to see how they change in size and colour :)

Clare