Sign in to follow this  
Nick Hall

Cfw Cheeked?

Hi Guys,

New for me but here are a couple of youngsters bred from a CFW cock and a CFW cheeked hen, the hen was loaned from Peter Hook. ( The father was BIS at Carlisle ).

post-21-0-38994900-1370105290_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi nick they look cracking, I didn't even realise there was a mutation called CFW cheeked, as they look like a washed out CFW cock bird mate.

Dan

Hi Nick

Those chicks are real beauties!  The cock doesnt seem to have any black breast markings. I know you said the parent (hen) was CFW cheeked is this why there's no  black breast markings on the chicks? 

Emmy

nice birds you got one pair of mine just seem to throw out white chicks and that pairing was from a fawn cheek x fawn pairing

I only like to pair mine as ie fawn to fawn or grey to grey and odd times fawn to grey

richard

Hello Nick,

The one on the left is what your looking for in regard to colour,having bred this mutation myself.

The one on the right has too much colour but seems to have  better head features,the one on the left has his eyes closed,so could equally have good head features.

Nonetheless nice looking birds.

Scott

Thanks Scott, I dont like the feather, it is very soft?

Send them my way Nick,i`m looking at restocking this year,as i have next too nothing in my shed.

Regards

Scott

Hi Nick

From what I understand the colour should be very faint i.e the markings in the cock, there a few pictures on the flemming and flemming site of Cfw cheeked cocks so might be a good place to look at. Either way lovely type to those birds.

Paul.