Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy2012

Cfw Exhi Chicks

Hi all these are my recent fledglings from my cfw pair. The only pair that i can get too breed, i dont know why as im doing the same with all my birds.

Chick 1

gallery_949_3_8869.jpg

Chick 2 

gallery_949_3_62252.jpg

Any idea what sex these are, as i have only ever bred a cfw hens from a split pairing.

Any comments appreciated.

dan

Dan,

Nice chicks mate.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to sex of chicks at this age from a CFW x CFW pair cos they could be either.

I had CFW cock x Normal Hen so knew what the chicks would be because of the sex linkage back to parent cock.

Might be more experienced members who could tell though.

We'll have to wait and see.

Well done though!.

Andy

HI andy thats whats thrown me off as i have never seen a cfw cock youngster out the box before, only a hen and i got told the hens have more black colouring in the head, but not having anything different really between them im not the wiser.

hope they are cocks tho as i have 2 quite nice looking hens for them.

dan

Baz, I have been giving them egg food fresh morning and night millet a good foreign finch mix, fresh water twice aday I have treated all my birds the same so I can't understand why.

Dan

hi dannyboy,it is getting harder to breed zebras than when i started 25years ago. they are getting bigger maybe some of the birds are to old.baz

Nope baz, brought them last October and where that years birds mate, as I spoke too the guy and he asured me how old and they are not related I talk to the guy very often and he's a great help to me mate.

Dan

Lol will have too try two cocks and see what happens lol, I know one cock has lost its song I dont know why or when but when I moved them from the house too the shed its never sung since, so that's one problem but the other ones just never seam too give full eggs, so im seperating them and try them with different partners.

Dan