Sign in to follow this  
Clare L

Fawn Bc Cock Adult

Hi Trevor,

Attached pic of a fawn BC cock, sorry about the quality of the pics he wouldn't perch for me.

The flanks are a mix of chestnut/ brown but the spots have a brownish ring around them

This is something I will need to work on to get all same colour.

Hope you like him :D

bth_new25092013012_zps0c19f75e.jpg?t=138

bth_new25092013002_zps8ee88dd5.jpg?t=138

bth_new25092013001_zps92367bc4.jpg?t=138

Clare,

Thanks for posting photo,

Yes I do like him, that's the first one I've ever seen,

With the dark patches it takes away the fawn colouring, but when you match him to the hen his body colouring matches hers,

All the best with the breeding of them,

Keep me posted please i'm interested in them,

Trevor :)

Hi Trevor,

Will keep you posted, they are in breeding cage at the moment, have built a lovely nest no eggs yet.

I am only expecting splits from this pairing.

The new fawn BC chick is split BB as well as I thought so will have to think carefully about what I'm going to do.

This is very exciting for me as I have not really concentrated on one colour, but for now its all about the fawn BC's.

There is one thing I do know I have a long road ahead to establish and improve this line.

The one thing I have noticed is that they are smaller than their brothers and sisters from the same parents.

Might have to pm you for some advice on this in the near future if OK? As I'm working with very limited stock.

Clare

Hi claire,

Well done on the male, it would be nice to see a few more fawn bc cheeks about I too have only ever seen females and they were poorly marked. Hopefully you can get some more out.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'm hoping to improve the colour of them over time.

The one thing I have noticed with the second chick is that its cheek marking's are better from an early age.

My question on this is, as it has BB in it are the markings enhanced by this? (so could the BB mutation help with the colouring of this?)

This I will have to trial.

But first I will have to establish a few fawn BC and splits.

Clare