Sign in to follow this  
MrsLawson28

Hello!

Hi all,

My name is Lisa, I am new to the forum, I had 2 zebra finches, one male (Bruice) and one female (Sheila) both around 1 year old. Last friday 10/10/14 i found my female died i believe from egg binding. I am very new to finches but love them to bits! Now my male is all alone (still eating and tweeting) was happy to come out of cage to fly last night. I know they are sociable birds and need company but im wondering if he would be ok on his own or if to get a other female friend for him, problem being my local pet store will only sell them in pairs. What to do any suggestions. Thanks

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your hen bird. 

Your male will probably bond closer with you now, but if you want to get him a friend you could try going on to the members map button at the top of the page and see if there is anyone in your area who might be able to supply you with a young hen.

Or post your request on here but state where you live so if there are members close they could contact you.

Give it a go.

AndyN

Thanks for the reply. I am in two minds if to get another hen or not myself and my husband work quite long hours about 12 a day so thats why i would like to get him a friend but he seems fine on his own. Hubby thinks he will be fine on his own too and we let him out to fly for the first time out of his cage he loved it plus eating well but im sure he will like a friend too as he is so young. Big dilema!

Hi Lisa,

And welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your hen Zeb.

Not sure what part of kent you are in but there is a place near Sevenoaks that sell zebs, Select Pet Centre on the A25 near Sundridge.

I haven't been there for a long while but they still sell them, if its not to far for you.

All the best

Clare :)