Sign in to follow this  
nursegeeza

New Member From Ni

Hi guys. I'm neil from Bangor, N.I. getting back into the birds after an absence of 12 years. I kept/bred zebs as a kid and cockatiels in my 20s but had to give up due to studies then marriage. My Mrs wouldn't have birds near the house but now we've parted ways I'm getting ready to start again! I'll be looking to buy some birds in the weeks/months to come so anyone from over here with anything to sell feel free to drop me a line! Hopefully my daughters will be into the birds as much as I was when I was a kid!

hello neil

welcome to the best bird forum on the web. no question too small or too silly. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

andy

Try getting in touch with Adam on here, he was selling some birds, dont know if he did or not?

Regards

Welcome to the Forum Neil and welcome back to Zebie keeping.

Enjoy!!.

If you could get across to Stafford on 5th July you might see some birds you'd like.

Andy 

Welcome to the forum Neil

Hope all goes well for you and you manage to get some birds  soon.

Emmy

Thanks for the welcome guys. Well I've got my first bird...Ok it's a cockatiel but the guy was keeping it in squalid conditions in a cage barely bigger than a show cage and I couldn't walk away from the poor thing. But it's a start. Looking at sheds now but wondering what the minimum requirements are for a bird house. My previous one was brick with a huge flight but I don't have the space or funds for that

That was good of you rescuing that cockatiel you wont regret doing that I've found they are very intelligent birds.

Just recently I have posted two videos of mine on youtube:

https://youtu.be/Ga5tfQFMCkg

Dawn Chorus!!!  Nah! just four hungry babies waiting to be fed. (lol)

https://youtu.be/-kkZvAu6mKo

Minutes later after being fed!

I have two pairs of cockatiels in my outside aviary along with my zebra finches, canaries, Bengalese and diamond doves. Hope you manage to get some other birds soon

Emmy

Emmy I do have a soft spot for tiels having had a few hand reared charmers. This one is a bit wild but I'm winning her round.

Chris yes I was on the uk cougar forum maybe I know you from there??

Haha, yes indeed. I was a member on there for a year or so. Small world, sold my cougar just over a year ago though and bought an s type, bad move! Do you still own yours