beringu

Hi from Malta

Hi i never had zebra finches before. I used to have canaries and budgies. Last month i got 3 zebra finches which werre kept very bad. They were in a terrible condition. I decided to take care of them. They seem to recover now and i think they are very cute birds to keep. By the way they are 1 male and 2 females. Should i put them all together ??

Welcome to our community.

Your birds should be fine together as Zebra Finches do not like to be kept in isolation, but you will need to separate one of the females if you are planning to breed them.

Gary

• Like 1

Hi beringu and welcome to our forum.

Just enjoy your birds and ask any questions you need to and perhaps we'll see photos of them entered in our monthly competition.

Andyn

• Like 1

Thanks a lot zebraman and andyn for welcoming me in the forum. I don't think of breading  for now maybe in the  near future. As i said they were not kept in good condition . I will breed them when they are fuly cured. Thanks again

welcome to this forum, i am new here as well and i must say they are all a friendly helpful bunch of bird lovers

• Like 1

You have three lovely birds there I may be wrong but it looks like you have a fawn female, a pied male and the white one I'm not sure about but it looks like a Chestnut flanked white female. Be interesting to know what others think the colours are.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Emmy

• Like 1

one piece of friendly advice i would give is bin the wicker nests and the nesting material you have given them  the material will wind itself around there legs i prefer to use coconut fiber and meadow grass and the wicker nests does not allow easy inspection in my opinion 

Allan

• Like 1

Thanks for posting more photos Beringu:)

(You'll need to keep some and post them in Andy's monthly photo competition;))

The reason  thought the white one was a Chestnut Flanked White female was it seemed to have some darker feathers on its head and I didn't think a white zebra finch had that.

Maybe it Trevor sees this he will be able to confirm what mutation the white one actually is.

but at the end of the day whether it is a White or a CFW I don't suppose it matters because it still is a lovely bird.

This is a white cock bird I just bought last Sunday56db4886917df_Feb29th.thumb.JPG.c0f31df6

Emmy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emmy said:

The reason  thought the white one was a Chestnut Flanked White female was it seemed to have some darker feathers on its head and I didn't think a white zebra finch had that.

Emmy, I believe you are correct in saying it is a CFW hen on face value because it has tear drops and whites don't have any. Some Whites get 'Grisling' on their backs. (grey flecking)

Andy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emmy said:

Thanks for posting more photos Beringu:)

(You'll need to keep some and post them in Andy's monthly photo competition;))

Maybe it Trevor sees this he will be able to confirm what mutation the white one actually is.

but at the end of the day whether it is a White or a CFW I don't suppose it matters because it still is a lovely bird.

This is a white cock bird I just bought last Sunday56db4886917df_Feb29th.thumb.JPG.c0f31df6

Emmy

When would Andy 's monthly photo  competition be open ? I would  like tosend some photos. By the way that'a lovely bird you bought. I like it

34 minutes ago, beringu said:

By the way that'a lovely bird you bought. I like it

Thank you. Re the photo competition Andy puts up a post saying when entries should be submitted to his email address (he posts this email address) Think its later on in the month. The rules for the competition are printed in the section 'Photographs'  if you choose 'Browse' and go down the selections you will find it.

Emmy

51 minutes ago, beringu said:

When would Andy 's monthly photo  competition be open ? I would  like tosend some photos. By the way that'a lovely bird you bought. I like it

This month's competition email folder is open so if you would like to send up to 3 entries attached to an email to me-andy.nethercott@outlook.com

Please include your Forum user name in the email.

About the 15th of the month I start to post entries in the competition Gallery and then around 25th set the competition proper with the winner voted by you the members announced on the last day of month. The winning photo is displayed on the Forum's home page until the next winner etc. Competition rules are posted in the Photo Competition section.

Andy

15 hours ago, beringu said:

Thanks allan b  i like to hear advices cause i am new with zebras. What kind of nests should i use ?? 

i would suggest wooden or plastic with lids that open so you can easily check the nests

wooden.jpg

plastic.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allan b said:

i would suggest wooden or plastic with lids that open so you can easily check the nests

wooden.jpg

plastic.jpeg

Thanks Allan for your suggestions 

• Like 1