martintheveg

NEW TO FORUM

Hi all, i am new but have had my zebra finches for around three years now, they have quite recently gone from a very large cage

into an indoor aviary that i built from a walk in cupboard originally used for hats coats and shoes etc.

I will put some pics of it up soon. My paired two are black cheek and the newer one i purchased is a white with hint of beige.

she is the one i am looking for company for on the wanted thread. i am retired now and also have a small dog. i shoot 10 metre

target pistol in a club and also fly control line model aeroplanes, i enjoy my early morning walk with my terrier and we often

spot the wild deer around the south Bromley fields which is nice. i really enjoy my birds, i sit and watch them whilst i have my first morning cuppa

and often sit opposite the aviary to watch them, i think they are wonderful pets.my paired two have had three clutches and all found

good loving homes in family houses, but it is getting harder to find homes when i do breed so have not done for a while now.

all the best, martintheveg.

• Like 1

Welcome Martin I believe when you reach retirement age that's an excellent hobby to have.(as well as your other hobbies)  Its good you have dog too and when you're out walking a dog  I have found lots of people who would normally not stop and chat if they didn't know you very well do stop when the dog is there. (I have a Chihuahua but he is the BOSS!)  I spend a lot of time with the birds I have and I talk to them non stop! (lol)

I hope you enjoy the forum looking forward to reading your posts.

Emmy

Thanks for the wecome people, very nice.

I hope to have a good look around the forum tomorrow, i never seem to have much time, i also

have grandchildren and on top of all this i forgot to mention i have a very expensive wireless

controlled slot car racing track, i collect 60,s sports cars to race together and go to bed at ni g ht

dreaming/wishing they were all real, still, must stick to the birds on here otherwise i will send

you all to sleep with boredom.

must go, time for some kip, up at 6.

welcome martin... just watching your birds is half the fun.. when I go in my aviary it's like I go into another world just me an them an before I know it 2 hours have just passed in a flash. enjoy the forum it's a really friendly place.. good luck with your birds.

Andrew