Bicheno

Hi From Kent

I'm new to the forum and new to finches - I "found" them by accident after I bought a second hand cage on a whim and chose a pair of finches over a single budgie, mainly because I just like their "noise" and cuteness, it wasn't a hugely technical decision I'm afraid!

Anyway I've had my pair a few months and I've just found a pair of Bicheno's that I'm picking up next week, I just love their colouration and the fact they look like little owls.

My original pair have laid eggs but aren't doing much of sitting on them so we'll see what happens.

Anyway apart from the new finches I've kept almost every animal you could name but this is my first venture into the world of birds, and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the forum Bicheno

I reckon I would say that  in most cases zebra finches can breed like rabbits if you let them. Saying that a few members have been having problems since the beginning of the year and lost quite a number of chicks  we all think perhaps the weather we have been having has a lot to do with it.

apart from the new finches I've kept almost every animal you could name

Something like myself in the past :D  I must admit I do miss having the rabbits and the guinea pigs now , they all died from old age. -but I still have their hutches (1 large and 2 extra large) which I wont be parting with - never know what I may bring home one day. :lol: Just now I have 2 types of quail, Zebra finches, a pair of canaries and the latest - a cockatiel, and last but not least my wee chihuahua (14 yrs old)  who isnt very well at the moment

Good luck with the .Bicheno's.

Emmy

Welcome to the forum Bicheno

I reckon I would say that  in most cases zebra finches can breed like rabbits if you let them. Saying that a few members have been having problems since the beginning of the year and lost quite a number of chicks  we all think perhaps the weather we have been having has a lot to do with it.

Something like myself in the past :D  I must admit I do miss having the rabbits and the guinea pigs now , they all died from old age. -but I still have their hutches (1 large and 2 extra large) which I wont be parting with - never know what I may bring home one day. :lol: Just now I have 2 types of quail, Zebra finches, a pair of canaries and the latest - a cockatiel, and last but not least my wee chihuahua (14 yrs old)  who isnt very well at the moment

Good luck with the .Bicheno's.

Emmy

my most "unusual" animals are the Gophers which get a lot of attention!!

Bicheno

Bingo looks absolutley gorgeous. One thing about dogs and most other animals if they are treated properly they pay you back a thousand fold by giving  you unconditional love.

This is Gizzy, my Chihuahua taken in January this year , to look at him you would never guess he is really very ill. He's 14 years old

http://postimg.org/image/6h45u0kwr/

Emmy

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information and advice here so enjoy and don't be afraid to ask.

The most stupid question is the one not asked.

I'm new to the forum and new to finches - I "found" them by accident after I bought a second hand cage on a whim and chose a pair of finches over a single budgie, mainly because I just like their "noise" and cuteness, it wasn't a hugely technical decision I'm afraid!

Anyway I've had my pair a few months and I've just found a pair of Bicheno's that I'm picking up next week, I just love their colouration and the fact they look like little owls.

My original pair have laid eggs but aren't doing much of sitting on them so we'll see what happens.

Anyway apart from the new finches I've kept almost every animal you could name but this is my first venture into the world of birds, and I'm loving it.

hi and welcome to the forum what type of finches do you have there are so different types ? :rofl:

Hi Bicheno,

Welcome to the forum.

Gophers???????????? :crazy: That is unusual!

Clare

Bicheno

Meant to ask do you keep the gophers outside?

I thought they would be about the size of an adult guinea pig but maybe I'm wrong.

Could you tell me a little about them please

Just very interested

Emmy

Hey Emmy my gophers (Richardsons Ground Squirrels) live in my insulated shed but most people I know keep them in outside enclosures like chicken coops?

They're wonderful little creatures, very endearing but if they're not tame they can be a little tricky!

Will post some pictures in the general chat bit / your chi is gorgeous, I really hope my little man gets to such a wonderful age :D