norfolk flyer

1St Bbcfw Of 2013

All,

Here's my first two BBCFW's out this season from different cages

By the pairings, either zeb's could be male or female so fingers crossed for males.

Thanks for looking,

Trevor :)

Ps 7262 is a bit out of focus, appoligies.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/trm03/IMG_7263.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/trm03/IMG_7262.jpg

nice birds trevor it will be nice to see them when there moulted out and coloured up

richard

Lovely chicks Trevor

When they colour up what colour will the cheek patches be? What was the colour of the parents?

I've just noticed one of my cfw chicks is starting to colour up but its head colour is exactly like the one in your photo except my one has tear marks this chick I have is a lot darker in its head colouring than any of the other CFW I've had but I dont think it can be a BBCFW I'll try to get a photo to let you see what I mean.(Its one of the chicks that I was going to sell but if its a cock CFW it will be staying. LOL

You get some really nice birds Trevor do you never think about  showing them?

Emmy

Birdman/Emmy,

Birdman:-  I will put pic's in my gallery when they have moulted out and i will let you know so you can see what they'll look like.

Emmy:- Only if they are a male will they have a cheek patch it will be a faded one, but larger than a standard patch (just like a standard BB male only faded in colour).

Parents are:- Normal / BBCFW x BBCFW of the one on the ground and the other ones parents are:- BCBBLB x BBLB (don't ask) but i reckon the male must be split CFW.

Yes keep it if it's a male.

Showing hmmm! I used to show but since i've been self employed not enough time, you have to be 100% on the ball. I really haven't got the time or space needed so i doing what i think is the next best thing and that's to colour breed. I find it very interesting looking into the genetic side of things and the amount of time i can spend fits well with my colour breeding programmes. I do go to shows to have a look and admire the standards they have got to, EAZFS and Stafford are the two i regually go to + any local mixed shows.

Thank you both for your comments.

Hi Trev

Looking good the one out of the LB pairing should be a hen and your right the cock must be split cfw to produce her.

Congratz

Paul.

Hi Trevor

This is the chick I was talking about.

CFW_male_unsure.jpg

Same_CWF_male.jpg

am I correct in thinking this will be an ordinary CFW cock bird?

Emmy

Hi trev,

Well done on the two chicks mate. Carnt wait to see the moulting out pic. Have u breed any bf cfw this season?

Chris

Paul / Emmy / Chris,

Paul, yes i got it right at last it's sunk in :lol:

Emmy, yes you are right it's a standard cfw male.

Chris,  I have bred a bfcfw at all let alone this season.

Hi Trevor,

Nice chicks,

Will be good to see them coloured up, are there any more to fledge?

BCBBLB combinations I would imagine look rather nice ;)

Clare

Clare,

One of them is on her own and the other one had 3 other siblings, they are cfw and 2x normal but all could be split for BB and BBCFW.

I'll post a pic in my gallery of the male, i'll let you know when so you can see what he looks like.

Dave H,

Not bad now rubbish start, rung 12 + 10 others in box's not rung this is just shed only.

Aviary young'uns only now appearing 2x BB normals are out so fingers crossed for hens.

How are you doing ? any luck with the ones you got off me ?

Hi trev,

Not really bred as yet.

Had a few from fawn crest x normal hen

These have given me 4 fawn hens, 1 normal cock, 1 normal crest cock, 1 fawn crest hen and look pretty decent.

Got some penguins at last Stafford too I'm hopeful to breed when I get under way which maybe beginning to mid next month.

Cheers