tinytom95

Hi Be Comer From Staffordshire

Hello I am a new comer to this forum and a keep zebra finch keeper I am look for any other tips in keeping finches like nutrition , feeding,breeding and also looking to sell some of my finches

Hi tom,

Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of keepers/breeders on the forum that will more than help you out with any questions, feel free to fire away.

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome to the forum Tom

Sometimes one or both the  parents birds can become aggressive to their chicks e.g. pecking them etc I've just had to separate a pair of mine because the cock bird was pecking the 4 chicks and the hen was being pecked  too. Sadly one of the chicks has died but the other 3 are OK

Were the chicks that died being pecked?

Emmy

thanks and I do not know because they was in a big aviary but I have taken two of my other youngs out and but then in a cage and an I able to put more than two In to an indoor cage

thanks

tom :good:

What age where the chicks ? was it an outside aviary ? was there any lighting in the aviary?        sorry Tom if it seems a lot of questions but need the answers to help answer your question 

if they where in a big flight then they should have been able to get away from a bullying older bird  another possibility is night fright from a firework going off 

Hi Tom I noticed I think you had asked if you could put more than  2 finches to an indoor cage, the answer to that is yes BUT you have to make sure the cage is large enough.

Emmy