Pete I know it's bad pics but WOW that is some Soft Buff feathers on that CFW bird,are you shore it's not a ( frill )! or am i wrong,Pete have you bred this one wait till it fills out at adult age looking forward to see this later on here fully moulted out don't forget to post pics on here mate,mark

Thanks Mark,It's father is a 2011 cock that won best cfw at the club show so nice to have already bred off him!

A lovely little chick,presumably hen,very promising with a little beak and head features...definitely one to be proud of...hope she matures to her potential,and she has an equally good brother for show partner!Well done and good luck with her,she's beautiful!Peter.

Dead
Sorry to hear that...if it's any consolation,this sort of thing always seems to happen to the best ones...it is the case with many species,I've bred Persian cats and pedigree guinea-pigs over the years,and this does seem to happen.But,the important thing to remember,is that the genes to produce that lovely little chick,are still in the parents,and just because it happened once,doesn't mean it'll happen again.Even if you don't get something as good next time,it is very valuable as breeding stock,so don't despair,repeat the pairing when the parents are ready,and don't be in a hurry to sell off the chicks,even if they are not as good as this one you've just lost!There's every chance that those quality genes will resurface...Good Luck!Peter.

Its off son x mother pairing, only chick off 2 rounds, will try 2 more rounds and if that doesnt work it wasnt meant to be. I was 90% sure it wasnt going to survive, thats the only reason I took photos of it, it never looked quite right.

not trying to be wise after the event or clever mate but she didnt look the most robust of chicks in the photos,thats why i didnt commentprobably due to being an only chick they rarely are the most robust,that said it had obvious head quality and if you can get a full nest of youngsters i am sure they will be big strong healthy birds with plenty of vigourgood luck mate and keep tryingDave

Cheers Dave, your right though she didnt feed properly and couldnt fly that well. But just thought the head quality was probably one of the best I had bred so wanted to take a few pics to see if the potential brothers or sisters turn out as good.