Phil_Consett

Coming Back To Zebras After Many Years

Hi everyone, I used to keep zebras for many years when I lived in Bristol and North Somerset, and then took a couple of pairs to Essex when my job took me there in 1982. However, financial pressures, a young family, and job pressures meant that I sold up.

Now, many years lay=ter, I find myself in Consett, County Durham, and about to plan and build my first aviary for around 30 years! Would be interested to hear from other local members, as I'm going to be looking for some really good breeding stock - not intending to show, but there's little point in breeding inferior stock, right?  I always used to love CFW, creams, penguins, so might well start with some of these.

is there a local-ish bird club where I could meet other enthusiasts?

Any contacts, any advice would be very welcome!

Phil

Hi Phil - Welcome!

I'm sure you will meet many enthusiasts here willing to help/share ideas with you. There is something for everyone here and your posts/questions whatever they may concern will be be answered. I'm in the  initial stages of planning an outside aviary but what I would have liked to be possible would be to be able to see it built up and be able to move it around until I was satisfied it was in the correct placein hte garden :sorry: impossible I know but that's just me :rofl:  :rofl: . You will need to post and let us know how your aviary is progressing.

Emmy

hi phil,i live in cumbria you are welcome to come over anytime to see my birds.i breed and show zebras.my tel no is 01946 690464 baz.

hi phil welcome back to the hobby .I have myself just come back to the hobby after 5 years and have found it worth while and this forum can help a lot

so good luck

richard

Hi and welcome Phil, hope you enjoy your stay here, this forum us very formative and will help you loads, and even put you into contact with local breeders.

Dan

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbe having recently changed from Budgies. Hope you get the stock you want.

Have you tried the members map to see if there are anymore members localy. Also, if you join the ZFS you will get a hand book that will contain Names and contact details of all (nearly all) the ZFS members. Plus I think there is a big sales / show at Stafford where I understand some good stock is sold.

Anyway.. Enjoy!!!!

hi phil,i think i must be the nearst to you.i live in cumbria.i breed and show zebras,i am also a panel judge.you are welcome to come and see my birds anytime.